Thursday, March 25, 2010

Georgia Average Rainfall Mod 10



We were tasked with creating an isohyet map showing average rainfall for Georgia. Doing isarithmic mapping manually isn't too bad at all but then we had a fairly easy dataset. Just for grins and because I had some extra time on my hands - I did input the points into an shapefile and ran the lines through the spatial analyst tools. I did it to see how different my lines were from the computer generated ones and to see the difference between the different interpolation methods. I didn't do any data checks so I am assuming I put the rainfall values in correctly but the results were close but did change from method to method. I chose not to add a legend as the numbered lines and info in the title, I felt, was sufficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment